We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Scientist with expertise in Antigen Design, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, and Protein Sciences to join our research and development team. The successful candidate will play a key role in designing, expressing, and characterizing novel antigens for vaccine development aimed at mitigating methane emissions from fermentation in ruminants and promoting effective digestion. This position provides a unique opportunity to contribute to cutting-edge research and deepen our understanding of antigen design, immune responses, and vaccinology in the veterinary field.
- Design and engineer novel antigens based on an understanding of immunological principles and vaccine targets.
- Synthesize mRNA using in vitro transcription methods to generate RNA transcripts for various applications such as in vitro translation, transfection, and functional studies.
- Primer designing, cloning, expressing, and purifying recombinant proteins and antigens using molecular biology techniques.
- Develop and optimize expression systems for high-yield production of antigens.
- Conduct molecular characterization and validation of expressed antigens.
- Develop and perform immunological assays to evaluate antigen-antibody interactions, such as ELISA, SPR, and FACS.
- Culture and isolate microorganisms ( e.g. bacteria and archaea) to identify them and run tests to determine how they function.
- Prepare and dispense solutions and chemicals for lab needs, including reagents, acids, bases, buffers, and stains.
- Design and execute immunization schedules in animal experimental models to evaluate antigen immunogenicity, vaccine efficacy, and in vivo immune responses.
- Hands-on tissue homogenization, dissociation, and preparation techniques for DNA, RNA, protein extraction, and cell harvesting.
- DNA (Sanger) and RNA sequencing including an understanding of sample preparation and sequencing platforms for accurate mutation identification and gene expression analysis.
- Visualizing specific proteins within tissues with techniques like immunohistochemistry (IHC) and immunofluorescence (IF).
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate antigen design and characterization into broader research and development projects.
- Work closely with bioinformaticians, immunologists, and other scientists to analyze data and derive meaningful insights.
- Maintain detailed records of experiments, protocols, and results.
- Prepare and present scientific findings internally and, when necessary, externally at conferences, scientific meetings, peer-reviewing manuscripts, and patent applications.
- Data Interpretation, analyze complex data sets, generate reports, and present findings to internal stakeholders and external partners.
- Contribute with management and collaborations with external resources CRO and research partners.
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Veterinary Research, Immunology, Biochemistry, or related field, with a focus on antigen design and protein sciences with 2-3 years experience.
- Expertise and hands-on experience in antigen design, precision RNA synthesis, innovative transfection techniques, and quality control
- Proficiency in molecular biology techniques including hands-on protein expression, mRNA development, DS-PAGE, analytical SEC, western blot, qPCR, RT-PCR and purification methods.
- Hands-on experience in immunological assays and protein characterization techniques, such as ELISA, ELISpot SPR, Luminex, MSD, and multicolor flow cytometry.
- Cultivate and propagate viable pathogenic and nonpathogenic stock cultures of bacteria, viruses, and fungi.
- Excellent data analysis, presentation, problem-solving skills, and written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment and cross-functionally
- Experience using Excel and Graphpad Prism and Knowledge of statistics methods.
Good to Have
- Familiarity with methane-producing microorganisms and their metabolic pathways, and methods to quantify methane emission by ruminants in vivo and in vitro.
We offer competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and opportunities for career advancement. Join us in our mission to make significant contributions to the field of vaccine development to mitigate methane emissions in ruminants.
The candidate should be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pasture Biosciences is committed to providing equal opportunity and a work environment free of discrimination. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.